A yellow rubber duck centerpiece is a super cute way to decorate your table for a baby shower. They come in so many sizes, colors, and themes that you'll find them for any type of celebration, not just baby showers! Include them in your decorations for Easter, a birthday party, graduation, or almost any themed party. Those little quackers are cheap, too...or, should I say "cheep"! Stock up on the cute little guys and find ways to incorporate them into all your "duckerations"!
Use yellow rubber ducks to create unique and original centerpieces. Here are simple ideas you can use:
You can also purchase rubber ducks already decorated for specific themes and occasions. (Check out some of the favorites at right.)
The best thing about using yellow rubber ducks for a baby shower centerpiece (or a as cute
Easter centerpiece) is how inexpensive they are. Buy a bunch of them and add them to all sorts of things to create fun decorations for your table.Here's a really simple idea...
• Lay recycled paper shreds down the center of table and position a few ducks on top of it. Easy Peasy!
• For a longer table, just add more ducks. For a buffet table, place small clumps of “grass”, with one duck on top of each pile, and mix them around and in between buffet table items.
• Change color of “grass” to whatever works with other
decorations…pink, blue, orange, natural. The ducks will look cute no
matter what color grass they sit on.
This is so inexpensive and easy to do!
•Family of ducks are placed in a “pond” of blue stones on a white tablecover.
•Wicker basket with yellow daisies add more bright yellow color
•Martini glass filled with buttercream mints in cute baby shower print packaging
• Purchase an inexpensive package of small rubber ducks.
• Place one in each wine glass (or other type of glass) with a bit of water for "swimming".
Note: You could add a bit of blue food coloring to water if you want, but it may dye the bottom of ducks blue, so don't do this if you are planning on giving them away or using them after the shower.
• A shimmery ribbon tied around stem of glass adds a decorative touch.
• Small candles in votive holders add some sparkle.
• Pastel colored confetti is scattered around arrangement. (I used a hole puncher to make ones shown here, using construction paper).
OR...instead of confetti...scatter personalized candies around the table. Create your own here:
Celebrate the Sweet New Arrival! Personalize M&M's for your baby shower!
Ideas for Blue Baby Shower Centerpieces
Ideas for Pink Baby Shower Centerpieces
Instructions for making a Diaper Cake for baby shower
Return from Yellow Rubber Duck to Baby Shower Centerpiece Ideas
Return from Yellow Rubber Duck to Centerpieces Home
FREE party ideas, recipes, & more... right to your inbox. Sign up now for monthly:
Centerations Party News
BABY SHOWER CENTERPIECE IDEAS:
Pirate Rubber Duck