A yellow rubber duck centerpiece makes a cute decoration for a baby shower. Since they come in a variety of sizes, colors, and themes and are really inexpensive, you have the ability to create a really unique and personalized centerpiece.
For a fun whimsical centerpiece idea float ducks in glasses or bowls. If you have a large table to display them on, consider floating them in a mini pool!
Large rubber ducks look cute on their own when placed on the center of your table, or when combined with other baby shower decorations.
Primp your duck for the occasion by tying a pretty ribbon bow around it's neck. Then, place it in a basket on top of colored paper shreds, fake grass, or on top of a baby blanket (now you've also created a gift to give the mom). You can also buy a duck that is "pre-decorated" or has embellishments already molded into it. I'm amazed at the variety of themes available! Did you know you can buy them with a cat face instead of a duck? Or that you can buy them already decorated as pirates, princesses, and other characters wearing crowns, beads, or decked out for just about every holiday imaginable? You can even design your own! I'm not necessarily saying that these should be used for your baby shower, but I do find the selection impressive! Perhaps I should consider getting into the yellow rubber duck business! Who knew?
Be sure to check out the cute yellow rubber duck products shown at bottom of this page!
Using yellow rubber ducks to decorate your baby shower table also means you won't have to empty your wallet. With the ideas at Centerations.com and a bit of your own creativity you'll be "quacking" all the way to the bank (sorry...had to do it) and the cuteness of your creation will put a smile on your everyone's face!
The best thing about using yellow rubber ducks for a baby shower centerpiece, or a cute Easter Centerpiece , is how inexpensive they are. Add them to all sorts of things to create a fun decoration for your table.
Here’s how I made this one:
• Lay green recycled paper shreds (that stuff is so versatile!) down the center of table and then place a few of the ducks on top of it. Easy Peasy!
• For a longer table just add more. For a buffet table place small clumps of the paper “grass” with one duck on each pile and mix them in between buffet table items.
• Change color of “grass” to whatever works with other
decorations…pink, blue, orange, natural. The ducks will look cute no
matter what color grass they sit on.
This is very inexpensive and easy to do!
•Family of ducks are placed in a “pond” of blue stones on a white tablecover.
•Wicker basket with yellow daisies add more bright yellow color
•Martini glass filled with buttercream mints in cute baby shower print packaging
• Purchase an inexpensive package of small rubber ducks.
• Place one in each wine glass (or other type of glass) with a bit of water for "swimming".
Note: You could add a bit of blue food coloring to water if you want, but it may dye the bottom of ducks blue, so don't do this if you are planning on giving them away or using them after the shower.
• A shimmery ribbon tied around stem of glass adds a decorative touch.
• Small candles in votive holders add some sparkle.
• Pastel colored confetti is scattered around arrangement. (I used a hole puncher to make ones shown here, using construction paper).
OR...instead of confetti...scatter personalized candies around the table. Create your own here:
Celebrate the Sweet New Arrival! Personalize M&M's for your baby shower!
Ideas for Blue Baby Shower Centerpieces
Ideas for Pink Baby Shower Centerpieces
Instructions for making a Diaper Cake for baby shower
Return from Yellow Rubber Duck to Baby Shower Centerpiece Ideas
Return from Yellow Rubber Duck to Centerpieces Home