Create a cute western centerpiece for a fun themed party! Use it for a kids birthday party, Cinco de Mayo celebration, or even a wedding! There are plenty of ways to create the perfect rustic, cowboy, or western theme table for your party, or maybe you just want a centerpiece for your "cabin". We'll show you how to do it...it's easy!
For a really rustic centerpiece, use items such as horseshoes, hay bales, cowboy hats, stars, and iron accents. Tin cups and mason jars, or cowboy boot glasses make great mugs for serving beverages.
If you're looking for a "softer" western theme centerpiece use colors and patterns to reflect the theme, but use less of the really "rustic" accents.
Some of these ideas make great Cinco de Mayo decorations, too. Use bright colors, serve margaritas with chips and salsa, and play some fun music to create an authentic feel. For a really cute food idea make individual 7-layer dips by putting the dip (in layers of course) in clear small plastic cups. Top it off with a couple chips and no more worries about "double-dipping"! Put a larger bowl of chips out for guests who need more.
The western centerpiece ideas below show you how to create a wonderfully decorated western table for your party that even the Lone Ranger would enjoy eating at at!
HI HO SILVER...and away we go!
Here's a very simple way to create a southwestern theme.
• Place a napkin or piece of fabric that has a rustic or southwestern pattern or colors onto center of table, over chosen tablecloth. You can angle the napkin or keep it square, it’s your preference. I like to change things up a bit… do the unexpected..so I like to angle chairs, napkins, etc.
• Mix and match dishes or bowls to bring out the colors or provide nice contrast to chosen fabric/napkin.
• A metal lantern, hurricane lamp or any type of rustic or antique looking lantern is all you really need in the center.
• Raffia was tied around napkins to add a natural element to the theme. Cheap and simple.
Super cute western centerpiece for a fun luncheon or birthday party!
•Select a tablecloth for purple color theme. If you don’t have one, how about a bed sheet, thin blanket, or piece of fabric?
•Different purple patterned bandannas, used for napkins, provide interest to the setting. Black metal napkin ring accent gives a bit of western touch.
•Purple plates were used here, but white or even black could work just as well. The plate's square shape gives a more casual feel and makes it a bit more interesting.
•A tin cup is used to hold pink flowers. It makes a nice accent and breaks up the purple color. Tin cup adds to western theme.
•Votive candles in clear holders provide "girlie" sparkle to table.
• Using a chili pepper napkin as inspiration, this western centerpiece uses a simple bowl of mini peppers in bright yellow, red, and orange colors.
• Peppers could be placed in a variety of containers. Glass bowl used here.
• Add a bowl of chips with salsa and margaritas for a fun Mexican fiesta or Cinco de Mayo party. OLE'!
Is anyone else craving nachos???
Great way to use the 'ol camping pot and cups!
• Red bandanna tied around a vase of red roses creates a casual feel to the otherwise formal flowers.
• Red bandannas adorned with raffia tied around them instead of using napkin rings for a natural rustic feel.
• Green enamelware coffee pot and mug gives the feeling of “sitting around the campfire” in this western centerpiece.
• Metal oval serving tray is used to group the different elements together.
Creating a western centerpiece with a warm, cozy, cabin feeling to it is easy if you already have a rustic style table, such as this beautiful carved pine one.
• This centerpiece consists of a simple wood tray with small pots, each containing different herbs. Pretty and practical!
• These cute place mats, featuring a moose on center with fringed edges, are a great addition for bringing that rustic cabin or hunting lodge feeling to your table.
• Chair pads and cafe curtains in rich, warm colored, stripe pattern provide a nice boost of color to the table area. Iron candle holders or a large hurricane lamp with rust colored candles could also be used to bring in a bit of color.
This table makes me want to curl up by a fireplace or maybe roast marshmallows after dinner! Very cozy!
Ideas for Tropical Theme Centerpieces
Ideas for Wine Theme Centerpieces
Ideas for Mardi Gras Centerpieces
Return from Western Centerpiece to Themed Centerpiece Ideas
Return from Western Centerpiece to Centerpieces Home